The government has since announced that they would be spending over £450 million on improving physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools over the 3 academic years 2013 to 2014, 2014 to 2015 and 2015 to 2016.
Schools can choose how they use the funding, for example to:
- hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons
- support and involve the least active children by running after-school sports clubs and holiday clubs
- provide resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers
- run sport competitions or increase pupils' participation in the School Games.
- run sports activities with other schools
Since September 2013, Ofsted inspections have reported on PE and sport provision and on how schools spend their additional funding.
Schools are accountable and are required to publish by April 2014, on their websites, details of how they spend (or will spend) their PE and sport grant. They must also include detail about the impact this funding has on pupils' PE and sport participation and attainment.
- 18.19 Evidencing the Impact of Primary PE & Sport Premium
- 17.18 Evidencing the Impact of Primary PE & Sport Premium Final
- 16.17 Evidencing the Impact of Primary PE & Sport Premium
- PE and Sport Premium Funding Report April 2015 - April 2016
- PE and Sports Premium Funding Report April 2014 - April 2015
- PE and Sport Premium Funding Report April 2013 - April 2014
- Primary Community Contribution LWA
- Benefits of Leeds Active Schools Programme
- Leeds Active Schools - Primary School SLA 16.17
- Leeds Active Schools SLA
- Leeds Active School Infographic
Following the Active Schools Steering Group meeting on the 23rd March 2016, Stanningley Primary School was recommended to be nominated for the Yorkshire Primary PE and Sport Premium Awards. The awards have been designed by the four Sport England funded County Sport Partnerships in Yorkshire and aim to recognise the outstanding good practice in the region specifically for the effective spending of the Primary PE and Sport Premium grant.